5 reasons why your business should be on Facebook
If you’re a business owner who’s not on social media, you might question the need for using Facebook. Having a presence on Facebook is overlooked more often than you think, with sentiments like “it’s not necessary for my business”, or “Facebook is for younger people to post pictures and whatnot”. That couldn’t be further from truth, and we’ll explain why. Here are 5 reasons why you should have your presence on social networking giant Facebook.
1. It provides easy and free customer interaction. Having your business on Facebook through a fanpage or a group is a great way to learn more about your customers. Through comments or posts, you get to have direct feedback and conversations with your target audience. The people who like your fanpage or join your group are only there because they want to be. They are there to know what they can about you and you can do the same thing.
2. Having a Facebook page helps your SEO. Search Engine Optimization is a key aspect for anyone who wants to build a significant presence on the web. Having a Facebook page for your business can help you in your SEO efforts as well. All the links and posts on the page are indexed by search engines. So having a page flowing with continuous relevant content will definitely give you a jump in search engine rankings.
3. Facebook allows you to develop your very own loyal fan base and community. All you need to do is, post links and content that is both relevant and useful. You can even have promotional campaigns and contests through your page and offer incentives as well. If done correctly, you will find that you can develop a loyal community for your business on Facebook.
4. Free promotion. If someone ends up liking your page then it appears in their news feed. This makes it possible for your business to be in their eyes on a regular basis through status updates or content posting. What’s more, if they comment on your post, their friends will also see your post and this will help spread the promotion of your business.
5. Odds are your competition already there. One of the biggest reasons for you to make sure that you are on Facebook is that your competition might already be there. In this cut throat environment, lagging behind will make it really hard for your business to succeed.
Facebook is free. You don’t need to spend anything to promote your company through a Facebook page. It’s important to remember however, you get out what you put into it. You need to update your business page consistently, whether it’s a status update, an announcement, a question to your audience, sharing information or a promotional campaign, you need to be active. The social media giant currently has 1.7 billion users worldwide. It’s in your business’ best interest to have a presence there. And with optional affordable advertising packages that they offer, you can get incredibly tactical at marketing to your desired audience. If you’re considering building a Facebook business or fanpage, contact us and we’ll help you with the process.